Free CEU Training and Hiring Event at SVFC!
Join SVFC for a FREE CEU Training and Hiring Event! SVFC’s Hiring Team will be on-site to offer agency tours and talk current openings and career opportunities. Resumes accepted for career seekers, or apply online today!
Thursday, November 21st
4-5 PM Networking and Agency Tours
5-6:30 PM Training
Clinical expert and SVFC Program Director Amber Lentz will lead you through a 1.5 hour training on Promoting Resiliency in Children Through Trauma Informed Care and Play Therapy Interventions. Training participants will:
- Understand the concept of Trauma Informed Care
- Understand the concept of Resiliency and Protective Factors
- Discuss the impact of trauma on brain development, thought processes and responses
- Identify Trauma Informed Practice Strategies that will promote resiliency in children
- Be able to utilize 2 Play Therapy interventions to explain trauma and the treatment process to children and families
- Be able to utilize 3 Play Therapy interventions to prepare and support children with trauma work
Free 1.5 training hours provided:
- CEUs for Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Play Therapy Contact Training Hours (SVFC is an approved training provider for the Association of Play Therapy)
About the Trainer
Amber Lentz, LISW-S, serves as Program Director for Outpatient Family Services and Community Based Treatment Services at St. Vincent Family Center. In her 13 years at St. Vincent Family Center, Amber has excelled as an expert in a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities and holds clinical specialties in Play Therapy, trauma and attachment work with children and families. Amber is also regarded as one of few Registered Play Therapist Supervisors (RPT-S) in Columbus, Ohio.